Traditionally, if you need more customers for your business, you could do a lot of things.
You might throw more money into radio or TV ads, get gigantic placement on billboards at different locations, or get foot soldiers to comb the streets even as far as standing on pedestal bridge (this really happened).
Unfortunately, most of these methods are different to track.
Was it the billboard placement that drew that customer to your business or was it the TV ad?
Not only is traditional marketing difficult to track and therefore justify the huge investment, today’s customer are much more sophisticated.
A customer today will usually have about 15 touch points with your products or brand before they decide to do business with you and these touch points take place without the interaction of a sales person.
And with an increasing access to the Internet, it is just so real that online marketing to properly position your business so that you can be found when these customers are looking for your products and services cannot be over emphasised.
That is why we created the free report.
The report looks at the state of online marketing in the Nigeria banking industry. We specifically wanted to find out:
- Who is really getting the bulk of the traffic?
- How much is your organic traffic worth if you were to stop all forms of advertisement?
- What is the average bounce rate for your website
- Who has the biggest social cloud on Facebook
- What is the domain authority and page authority?
This report is designed to give insight into the online marketing activities so that each brand monitored can identify touch points for improvement.
Terminologies Buster in the Online Marketing Report:
The following terminology was used in this report.
- Bounce rate: This is the percentage of people who view only one page on your website before closing the tab. For example, if you have a bounce rate of 70%, this means 7 out of 10 people who visit your website did not view more than one page
- Page Authority (PA): This is the authority of the page. It is determined by the quantity of backlinks the page has.
- Domain Authority (DA): This is the authority of the domain. It is determined by the total number of backlinks to the website
- Backlinks: This is the number of referring website from another website to your own site. It is a very important factor in SEO. Search engines like Google measured the total quality and quantity of backlinks pointing to a website to determine its ranking position. You, therefore want more backlink to your website.
- Facebook: A social networking site.
- SEO Keywords: SEO keyword refers to the total number of organic keywords to a website.
- SEO worth: The amount ($) your keywords are worth. This is the same amount you would be paying if you were adverting or bidding in Google for those same keywords. The higher the value of your website SEO keywords, the more valuable your website is.
You can download the report here.
Now that you have the report, here are some quick SEO wins.
#1. Technical optimization: Take a look at 10 pages that is important to your business. Start by
- Improve the title tag of your web page.
- Add relevant image
- Improve the content on the web page
- Ask a clear CTA
- Create an experiment with the page and see which variation wins
Content is important to establishing yourself as a thought leader in your niche. Are the contents you are creating on the blog helping you to meet your business goal? Are your content designed to help customer convert at the 3 stages of the purchasing cycle?
Put together a content strategy that focuses on your target audience.
The more relevant backlink a web page has, the higher the chances of it ranking on Google’s first position for the keywords that matters to your business. When it comes to keywords the two factors matters; quality and quantity.
Download your backlinks using any of the backlinks tools. If you do not have a premium tool, use Google webmaster tool to download your links.
Remove toxic page links that can harm your site
#4. Keep bounce rate down:
Bounce rate refers to the number of people who did not visit any other page apart from the initial page they landed on. If you have a bounce rate of 7, it means 7 out of 10 people left your site without seeing any other page.
Take a look at the bounce rate for your 10 most important pages, add internal link to other relevant pages.
#5. Be social:
There are over 14million people from Nigeria as at the last count of our Facebook survey. People use social media to keep in touch with their favourite brand. Put together a social media strategy that aligns with your business goal.
Start by sharing updates at least 3 times per day.
#6. Conversion Optimization
Conversion optimization is the art of getting more value from the traffic you are getting to your website. With a proper conversion optimization in place, you can increase your leads, sales or revenue without increasing your web traffic.
Get a look at your top acquisition channel? What is the behaviour of the people that comes through this channel? Is there anything you can do to make their journey smoother?
#7. Analytics is important
The key to a success online presence is the ability to collate the right data. Remember the adage, data is meaningless if it does not help you improve.
#8. Go beyond the basics:
Getting online is good but you need to go beyond the basis if you want to grow faster than your competitors. This means you must learn how to improve your marketing results.
Run A/B test on a lot of things. Do you know the best time to post on your Facebook page? Are you audience really on Facebook? You never will know except you do more than look at the basic parameter.
Online marketing is not difficult. With a proper strategy and analytic, you can find out what’s working, what’s not working and use it to your advantage.
We hope you were able to get maximum insight from this report to improve your online presence.We look forward to been able to collate more data and present greater information for the industry in the next edition of our “state of online marketing 2017.
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing Tips - February 19, 2017
- How to Achieve High ROI With Email Marketing - January 26, 2017
- How To Use Google Analytics For Growth by Paul Koks - November 16, 2016