Do you want more eyeballs for your business? Are you selling seasonal products and you need to attract as many customers to your website as fast as possible?
One of the quickest ways to get your business in front of thousands of potential customers is to use a pay per click advertising method or PPC as it is popularly known.
There are numerous paid advertising channels but the Google Adword programme attempts to deliver one of the best advertising methods using their paid platform.
The Google Adword paid platform is an advertising model in which advertisers pays Google to promote their products and services to visitors while using Google’s range of products.
While its holds lot of potential, it can really be difficult to fully understand how it works. In 2014 alone, over 524m ads were banned. There is therefore a need for a little technical know-how to be quite successful.
Luckily the Adword team does a lot of preaching the good gospel by creating tons of articles in their library that is freely available. These collections of articles will not only get your started but can also make you an Adword expert. Take advantage of their learning platform to know more about how the programme works. Ranked side by side is the learning center at Wordstream.
When you setup your campaign, two things can happen. Your campaign or ads can either be approved or disapproved for a lot of reasons. If your ad is disapproved, you automatically get an email that tells you your ad was not approved.
Let us take a look at some common grounds why Adword campaigns are disapproved and certain things you can do to fix it.
Why Google Ads Are Disapproved
The first reason your ads might be disapproved is when your ad copy does not meet their advertising guidelines. While you are free to write your advert the way you like, there are certain criteria that must be followed.
But first things first!
What is an Ad Copy?
An ad copy is the combination of your keyword, your ad message and the destination page (landing page) for your advert. These are the minimum requirement needed to create an ad copy. In some cases, ad copy might contain a phone number usually seen on mobile ads or links to other pages of your website (sitelinks).
- The use of foul languages is not supported: You are free to use any words in your ad copy but certain words are not allowed. Adult words and some words like click here are usually not allowed.
- Ad copy must be meaningful: Have you ever come across an advert and you really do not understand what message they are trying to pass across. Ad copies that are not relevant, misleading or not meaningful are usually disapproved.
The second major reason why your ads might be rejected is if your landing page has a poor user experience.
NOTE: User experience is an important factor Google considers and therefore it is important that you keep it foremost on your mind.
What is a Landing page?
A landing page is the page a visitors sees after they click on any link in your ad copy. When a visitor sees your ad copy and clicks to your landing page, their user experience is measure. A great landing page is a page that delivers exactly what was promised in your ad copy.
As a result, the landing page experience is important to the success of your campaign since this is where the real action takes place. Your landing page can make your ad campaign be disapproved for a lot of reasons but here are the top reasons:
- Your landing page is not concise: A good landing page must let the visitors knows exactly what the page is all about. A page that was clicked from an ad that says “Buy uPVC windows” should lead directly to a page that shows different types of uPVC windows. And it is for this particular reason that it is a wrong advice to make your home page, a landing page.
- Too much irrelevant information: Even though a landing page can be concise, it might also contain too much irrelevant information. A landing page should contain one main information, contact details and a Call To Action (CTA).
Google Adword programme is created to give the best value for both advertisers and publishers and therefore Google tries as much as possible to deliver a great experience.
If your ad campaign is disapproved for whatever reason, the first line of action is to check your notifications. There you will be given a summary that can help you understand why and what to do.
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- Crypto SEO – What You Need To Know About Crypto and BlockChain SEO - January 15, 2022
- SEO For Law Firms – Complete Guide to SEO for Lawyers - March 31, 2021
- Link Prospecting: A Guide to Beginners - March 28, 2021