Do you want to know how I got Facebook likes for as little As $0.02 on facebook advertisement?
I bet you do.
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms that exist today and with over 1.6 billion users on this platform.
In Nigeria alone, we have over 15million registered Nigeria Facebook users which make the platform a must-have for any business.
While this platform might offer huge potential to both B2C and B2B businesses, the first starting point is acquiring the required likes for your page.
This becomes extremely important if your competitors already have huge fan base.
So today I am going to share with you how to use this same strength that your competitors’ have- huge fan base coupled with other information to immediately increase your own Facebook page likes.
This is not a strategy for growing your page likes organically. You can learn how to do that here . This post is actually useful if you have some few cash to spend on promoting your page but we are going to learn how to do it such that you do not spend too much advertising dollars.
If you follow this tutorial to the end, you should be able to get your Facebook like for less than $0.02 per fan for your page.
Caveat: I have tried it on 3 different Facebook pages and it works so do not be scared of experimenting with this. In one of this case, I got over 6500 likes for about $100 and I am going to show you exactly how I did it.
To make this strategy work, we are going to setup the Facebook ad armed with four major information.
- A properly understanding of who exactly you are trying to attract
- A properly understanding of who your major competitors are
- Some advertising budget
- A good image advert design
So let’s begin
Step 1 : Who’s Your Target Audience
Understanding who exactly you are trying to reach is critical almost all marketing campaign and there are different ways to get this information
- You can rely on data to do this: If you have Google analytics configured for your website, you can use the information there to profile your ideal audience. You will need to take a look at tAudienceece report to be able to get this information.
- You can make good hypothetic guess based on who your ideal target audience is- If you do not have any data source, you can make an approximate guess on the kind of customers you want.
Whatever source you use, you want to know certain characteristics about your audience. Some of the information you want to know includes
- Age – how old are they?
- Location – where do they live
- Gender- any specific gender
- Interest- Write down 10 topics they are interested in
- Places where they hang out – write down 5 most important sites they visit
and much more
The more granular information you have about your target audience, the better for your campaign which directly increases your chance of success.
Step 2 : Who Are Your Competitors
Competitor analysis is one of the most important strategies if you want to successes. A proper competitive analysis helps you know what the strength of the competitor is and what is their weakness. For example, if you are running a link building campaign, you want to know where their most important likes are coming from.
In order for you to us this same strategy for your facebook page, you want to know which of your competitors have the same audience that you need for your page.
So take any of your competitor’s url and check the information with Alexa. You want to be sure that the audience this page has, is the sam type of audience that you are looking for.
Identify 3 such competitors and write down their facebook fan page URL.
Step 3 : Setting up a winning Facebook Ads
Now that we are armed with the information that can help us get our facebook page likes cheap, it is time to execute the most important part of this strategy- setting up the actual Facebook ads.
For you to create a winning ad, you need the following
- A captivating headline
- A good text description
- A good image
Here is how to setup a winning Facebook Advert
Step 1: Go to the Facebook Page you want to promote and click create Ads
Step 2: Chose your campaign objective. Here the objective is to grow your page likes, so you chose “Promote Your Page”. The promote your page helps you get more likes for your page.
Step 3: Give your campaign a name that is easy to remember so you can be able to see it in your campaign tab. For example, you can say “pagelikeslowdollars”
Step 4: Setup your ads
This is actually where things begin to get interesting. Note your campaign setting and we are going to pay attention to certain important parts. Here you are going to choose your page, define your audience, set up your budget and determine the schedule.
As we begin to fill in this information, pay attention to the audience definition column especially the meter dashboard.
So let begin to create our winning facebook ads
A: Chose your page: If you have more than one it is going to load all your pages. You also have the option of creating a new facebook page in case you do not have one. You can learn how to create a facebook fan page here.
B: Defining audience: Here we want to define our audience so we chose “New Audience” and pick the option create new audience. Choose your source and target country. Enter one of your competitors url URLinto the source
In the location field, enter your desired location.
Age: Pick the age based on the audience person defined above
Gender: Pick the preferred gender. If you are targeting both male and female, then leave it as the default
C: Define your target: Setup the magic here. Enter the 5 competitor’s name here, enter the interest identified above here and also enter the sites your audience visits.
D: Exclude your page(s): You want new audience right? Exclude people who already like your page. Click the save audience tab when your audience definition become “specific”.
E: Set your budget: Do not worry too much about the information in this category. Just set your proposed daily budget and how long you want the campaign to run.
F: Optimisation of your budget: This is where the whole fun and difference is been made. If you do not pay attention to any part of this tutorial, this is not the segment you want to miss.
Begin by making sure the manual option button is enabled. Facebook defaults to a particular amount for each likes that they get you. The default usually is $5.
With the manual bidding option, set you have a chance to set your own bid. You can approach it through two methods here.
You can determine how much a Page like is worth to it and enter it here or you can follow the suggested bid Facebook is trying to propose.
For this tutorial, you are free to pick the suggested Facebook bid but if you have done your targeting correctly, you will soon notice that you are even paying less than the suggested bid from Facebook.
So enter your bid.
G: Give your adset a name and click “continue”
Now it is time to finalise our Facebook ad.
- Upload your media by adding images or video to your ads. Ads with good images perform better so make sure that the media that is going with your advert is well designed and meet the requirements for Facebook ads. If you are not a good designer, then you can use one of the numerous online design tools like canva. But really, upload a good image that captions your adverts and speak to your target audience.
- In the text description box, write something descriptive about your ad most especially include the benefit they stand to gain
- Enter a great headline. Make sure your headline contains at least one keyword.
Click on the big green button to place your order and await approval.If your ads have been set up correctly, your ad should be approved in less than 15minutes.
That is exactly my step by step guide to getting real and target Facebook likes for your fan page that matters to your business. Do not forget to check your campaign regularly so you can adjust as appropriate.
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- 4 Fool Proof Tips for Image Link Building to Improve Your Backlink Profile - November 15, 2019
- Underrated Link Building Tactics that Work Surprisingly Well - November 15, 2019
- A Detailed Guide on Advanced Search Operators for SEO Link Building - November 2, 2019