Banks in Nigeria has continued to rely heavily on traditional marketing activity to grow their business. A lot of these traditional activities include mouth of mouth, road shows and even one-on-one marketing in places like markets etc.
While these marketing activities are great, it does only one thing very well.
Create or enhance brand awareness.
Generating awareness is good but when customers are ready to buy, they turn to other places to influence their buying decisions and today’s banking clients are more sophisticated.
They go online, use their mobile phones, read reviews, visits social media pages to learn about business’s products and services they are interested in. These sources then influence their decision on who to buy from.
This means the players in the banking industry must learn to change their approach to smarter marketing or lose out in the game eventually.
The brand that endures will be the business that catches up early in the game to shift focus.
Why Should Banks Leverage SEO to Grow Their Business
- Traditional marketing is totally expensive.
- Traditional marketing cannot be tracked
- Cutting through the noise is become increasing harder
Why Banks Should Use SEO to Drive Growth
- SEO is the cheapest marketing channel
- SEO allows you to track your marketing to the last click.
- SEO gives you instant brand awareness
- SEO makes it easy to generate leads year in year out
- People trust results they see on Google
- Appearing first position for a particular keywords give you 48% of the total traffic for their phrase
How Can Nigeria Banks Grow Through Search Engine Optimiziation
The world of Search or website optimization is usually a clear path. As a business who wants to use SEO oto grow, you understand how Google and particulary most search engines works. Here are few step to take so that your website appears on Google first position when people search for your services.
- Get Found At The Right Time
Any digital marketing activity that does not depend on your business appearing for the right keyword will sooner than later results into failure.
To attract the right prospect to your website, you need to appear for the right keywords. Keywords are phrases people use online when trying to find solutions or information to their problems.
Choosing the right keyword is crucial to your business grow online. Not all keywords are equal. You need to match the right keyword to the stage in which the prospect is in the marketing.
There are different type of keywords. They include
- Navigational keyword – This are keywords people use when they are already awareness of your brand
- Informational keyword- These are the phrases they use when they are looking to solve their problem
- Commercial keyword- These are the phrases they use when they are ready to make a purchase
For example, the two keyword car loans and car financing are not the same when it comes to online. So how do you decide which keyword you should use?
From research, the keyword :: holds more potential in terms of value to your business than the keyword so it makes sense to target this keyword and rank it on Google.
2. Generate Leads by Blogging
Not everyone is ready to make a purchase at the same time but they can be buying signals. One way to really attract people as they begin their journey towards making a purchase is when they start to use informational keyword to identify issues they are facing
One way banks can do this is to leverage the power of blogging. Blogging enables you to take to your customers are they move through the purchase marketing funnels. Having a blog will give you some advantages which are not limited to
- Educate and enlighten your prospect about their problems immediately they realize they have a problem to solve
- Tell customer stories in one place
- Get links that can drive Google ranking
3. SEO is a journey not a sprint
The world of SEO is a journey and not a sprint. Sometimes it takes as long as 9months for you to get your webpages to appear on the first position in Google.
When you are playing in a competitive industry, the earlier you get started, the more advantage you have.
With SEO helping you to know how to properly position yourself based on what your prospects are seeking to buy, you can continue to generate traffic and leads on a continuous basis.
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- SEO For Law Firms – Complete Guide to SEO for Lawyers - March 31, 2021
- Link Prospecting: A Guide to Beginners - March 28, 2021
- 5 E-commerce SEO Metrics and How to Improve Them to Double Your Sales - January 9, 2021