Hey everyone, our guest been featured in our SEO Expert Interview section today is Jonathan Nunez, the Founder od Jonathan IMSecrets, which is a digital marketing firm focused on content-based customer acquisition and relationship programs that emphasize content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization and email marketing.
Today he’ll be talking about how he started doing SEO, his favorite resources for learning about SEO and much more.
- What do you do and how you started doing SEO?
I’m an entrepreneur and SEO professional. I started doing SEO back in 2014 when I came across the social networking platform Twitter, I saw the amazing potential it gives us to build relationships with pretty much anyone and I’ve tested how to use the platform for SEO ever since.
- Share with us your biggest SEO achievement and how you did it. For what competitive keywords have you ranked high and what techniques you used?
I believe my biggest SEO achievement has been ranking 5th with a Tumblr blog for the keyword “german shepherd training”.
The techniques I used were based on relationship building. Unfortunately, the majority of emails being sent right now are incredibly selfish and could be considered spam. I believe an outreach should always be personal, engaging and get the recipient hooked.
- What SEO techniques do you believe are working best right now?
We live in a world where genuine interest makes wonders for relationships, link building is about people and as such, should be treated. If you don’t understand people, you don’t understand SEO. Any technique that involves genuine interaction between two people will always work.
- What’s your favorite method to build links to your site?
My favorite method is based on genuine interest for the people I contact, I always try to find a common interest between the recipient and me, and use it as means of interaction. For this, I will read their blog posts, what they post on social networks and listen to podcasts if necessary; I want to know what they care about and believe in. After that, the outreach is fairly easy to create.
- How do you think SEO will evolve in the coming years?
SEO has always been about serving people, I believe that we’ll see smarter search engines capable of understanding the meaning behind search queries and drop better results. Context will become even more important as search engines evolve.
- What is your favorite SEO tool and why?
I love Ahrefs and BuzzStream. Ahrefs is amazing for spotting broken links and analyzing competitor’s backlink profiles, and BuzzStream is an incredible tool that helps me contact people as well as finding bloggers and reporters interested in writing about pretty much any industry.
- If you were to recommend two resources for beginner and advanced SEO expert, which site would you recommend
- Who do you look up to in the SEO industry?
Thanks Jonathan for sharing your insights. I hope you all enjoyed our chat with him.
Now over to you, what resource will you recommend for either beginner or advance SEO materials
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- 5 E-commerce SEO Metrics and How to Improve Them to Double Your Sales - January 9, 2021
- Ecommerce vs Woocommerce Which one is the best Platform? - January 2, 2021
- Why Your E-Commerce Website Needs a Blog - January 2, 2021