SEO can be tricky, hard and take a long time before you see results.
However that is provided you are taking the right steps. Unfortunately, there are dozens of advise all over the palce that sometimes, it is difficult to separate the shafts from the real substance.
In my year of experience as an SEO Specialist, I have come across countless articles.
Some well, not too good
Some outrightly terrible advice.
So what is the solutions for newbies who are interested in learning the basis of SEO and who do not have time time to shift through countless posts like I have done.
This article is the answer.
This post curates all the SEO resources I have personally used over the years to get to where I am today. In this complete list of SEO resources, you will find a full list of articles, guides, training, workshop and events that will help you become a better SEO practitioner.
While this post is targeted towards people who are begineers or still new to SEO, intermediate SEO;s will also find it quite useful.
NB: This list is by no way exhaustive. I have tried to keep them limited to articles that I have personally read and which I have gotten value from. However, if you think there is an article that should be on this list, please do not heisitate to reach out to me [email protected] and if it’s worth it, will include it.
#1: Introduction to SEO
Where do you begin from if you were to learn a topic as wide and as diverse as SEO? I believe that the most difficult part of any project is actually getting started. Get started on the wrong footing and you miss the whole essense. Get it right from the start and you are on your way to excellence. Therefore this section will look at some of the best SEO resources for beginner.
- What is SEO – Neil Patel
- A Complete Guide to SEO – SEJ
- What is SEO and How It Works – Shopify
- SEO Process: The Process of SEO – ContentMarketingSpot
- Search Engine Optimization – Wikipedia
- How to Research Keyword: Step by Step Guide – Orbitmedia
OnpageSEO: Anatomy of A Perfectly Optimized Page – Backlinko
OnpageSEO Checklist for 2019 – GotchSEO
#2: Mobile SEO
Mobile is important right? According to different researches, it has been estimated that more people now perform search on their mobile devices more than desktop. This trend is most likely not going away anytime soon. So it is critical that today’s SEO understands how to mobile SEO.
- Mobile SEO: The Definitive Guide – Backlinko
- Mobile SEO Overview– Google
- Mobile SEO Best Practices- SEL
- All in One Mobile SEO and Design Checklist – BruceClay
#3: Link Building
Links is the foundation on which search engine like Google is built. You can do a lot of flurry stuffs on your website but without the right kind of quality and quantity backlinks, your site will struggle forever to rank on Google. How then can you build the right kind of backlinks to your website. I am talking about links that can increase your ranking and drive referral traffic?
- What is Link Building – PageOnePower
- 17 Link Building Strategies for 2018 and Beyond –
- Advanced Link Building – Kaiserthesage
- The Noob Friendly Guide to Link Building – Ahrefs
- 30 Advanced Link Building Techniques – SingleGrain
#4: Technical SEO
When performing SEO, most people focus on almost all aspect of it but very people focus on technical SEO. Technical SEO is usually the often forget the aspect of an SEO project until when you suddenly realize that no matter how much
- Technical SEO: A Complete but Simple Guide – Unamo
- Technical SEO – SEJ
- Technical SEO: 9 Step Guide to A Full Technical Site Audit – Link Assistant
- Technical SEO Checklist: The Roadmap – CognitiveSEO
- Technical SEO Library – DeepCrawl
- Step by Step Guide to Technical SEO Audit – Webris
#5: Content Marketing in SEO
Your SEO strategy is incomplete if you can not produce content that people find useful and want to share. But content without SEO is dead. Here is how to use content marketing to fuel your SEO
- How SEO and Content Marketing Work Together – Forbes
- How to Use A blog for Google SEO Benefit – Hobo Web
- 11 Steps to Create A Content Marketing Strategy to Grow Your Business – Optinmonster
- The 10 Step Content Marketing Checklist – Copyblogger
- Content Marketing Strategy – Imaginasium
#6: SEO Guides
There are tons of SEO resources that can help you learn and master SEO. But nothing much more better than to have all these tutorials and blog post distilled into one complete guide. The advantage of this is that you don’t need to reach blog post after blog post to get the information you need. That is why I have specifically created this section that list top notch SEO guides that can give you a head start and unfair advantage.
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO – Moz
- The Advanced Guide to SEO – QuickSprout
- Link Building for SEO – The Definitive Guide – Backlinko
#7: SEO Training
No matter what you do, you will quickly find out that Search Engine Optimization is a fast moving world. New tools, new technical and new ways of doing thing emerges everything. Google algorithms changes and so you need to also change your strategy and tactitics. This section list both paid and free places you can get trained on SEO.
#8: SEO Tools
A workman is as good as his tool. Here are some of the best SEO tools that will help you do your work effectively and faster. SEO works when it can be scaled. Use these tools to get faster results
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google Keyword Planner
There you have it. A list of the top resources to help you master Search Engine Optimization. If you find this list useful, drop your comment or simply give it a share on your favorite social media platform.
To a successful SEO campaign
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- Instagram Widget Tools for your website & why you should use it - November 25, 2019
- 4 Fool Proof Tips for Image Link Building to Improve Your Backlink Profile - November 15, 2019
- Underrated Link Building Tactics that Work Surprisingly Well - November 15, 2019