While choosing for an E-commerce platform one needs to keep many things in their mind including the checkout and the monetary part and it can be a complex process and that’s why there are many helping tools to help you build your perfect E-commerce website and we shall discuss 2 of them today.
As a developer, you might be confused between these two but hopefully, by the end of the article, you would’ve made up your mind about which one to choose or which one fits your needs perfectly.
It is perhaps the largest Content Management system or CMS and is mostly used for data driven websites like blogs and articles.
Generally, WordPress is not suitable for e-commerce but a WordPress plugin by the name of WooCommerce makes it ideal for e-commerce as it provides robust and flexibility some designing your website.
It has over 75 Million unique websites and accounts for almost one-third of all the pages available on the internet. One of the greatest features of it is that it is totally free of cost, excluding the cost of your web host.
This attracts a lot of people and especially new people and first-timers.
- A vast range of product support
- A robust system for various extensions
- Highly customisable and many free and premium themes available for purchase
- Free setup of your online store, web host excluded
- Familiar interface for existing WordPress users
- Great documentation and support are available.
- You can add Google analytics and SSL support.
- Non-existent WordPress users might find it a bit difficult
- The cost of the various extensions and premium themes cab add up quickly.
Magento is another famous Content Management system but it’s the greatest feature is that it is an open-source e-commerce platform and free to use.
This factor has helped it grow to a large customer base and to be a favourite among developers and professional organisations.
- Has support with a multitude of products and is self-hosted too
- Has its own theme and layouts but you can integrate a third party option if you want to
- Good and easy admin interface and development tools
- Good scalability, it can handle large stores and can be scaled up with the web host.
- Easy checkout including guest checkout too
- PayPal integration is supported natively
- Its target audience is the more professional people and not ideal for new people.
- Its enterprise edition can be very costly but it is worth it.
Magento Generally Comes in Two Versions:
- The Enterprise Edition:
It is paid and provides high performance and scalability to support large and thriving business. You shall also receive great support and access to numerous themes and extensions for your website which gives you great control over your E-commerce market.
- The Community Edition:
This is free to use community edition which is great for developers who know their way around Magento and for small businesses who want to hire a developer for the e-commerce website. Though it is free and open-source, you get great community support and lots of options to customise your website accordingly.
- Similarities in Magento & WordPress:
Both WordPress and Magento are open source and you can avail them for free. They are both great for your online growth of the e-commerce website you plan to launch and they provide some great themes and lots of options to customise your website according to your needs.
The community version is great for developers and WordPress is free, to begin with. If you are new to them then you can also get some good books to study them or if you don’t have time to read, then you can listen to them and this link shall help you with Getting started with Amazon audible and the huge content of audiobooks it has.
It has some of the best audiobooks of all time and you can learn a lot from them. For example, you might not get time to read but you can listen before sleeping or while going for work. You can slowly finish your desired books from here. It is not just an overstatement but truly it has some of the best audiobooks of all time.
- Difference Between Magento Vs WordPress (Differences):
Magento was specially built for e-commerce websites and hence it has more coding applications which make it a very complex platform to build on and not suitable for new users or inexperienced people.
But on the other hand, WordPress is simple to use and has more flexibility and user-friendly features than Magento which helps a newcomer to building a website more easily and without much hassle.
If you want to work with multiple vendors then you should opt for Magento as it has great support and it is much easier to implement this rather than WordPress. It shall give you a more professional and versatile look to your website which shall help in the growth of the business.
WordPress, on the other hand, is suitable for blogs and a single company advertising their products as it does have the plugins necessary for easy checkouts and tracking of the order and shipping management.
Thus if you are new or inexperienced or a small business, then you should go for WordPress or else if you are experienced and have a large business which is looking to expand, then Magento is the right option for you.
Nishil Prasad is a passionate writer, hungry for new innovation. New trends fill him with tons of enthusiasm to uncover hidden topics. Speakaudible covers a wide range of subjects related to audiobooks.
Latest posts by Adegboye Adeniyi (see all)
- WordPress vs Magento: Which one is the best for E-Commerce Platform - August 4, 2019
- Ecommerce vs Woocommerce Which one is the best Platform? - July 30, 2019
- 7 Best Tools For Embedding Twitter Feeds On Websites - July 5, 2019